Simplifying Complex Property Division Issues In Divorce
What Should You Expect?
Consulting With Other Professionals
Depending on the size of your marital estate and the diversity of assets, it may be wise to bring in other financial professionals. Ms. Cloutier regularly works with financial professionals who understand the complex nature of these cases. Together, they can help resolve complex property division issues such as:
- Examining retirement accounts and investments to determine the amount that is considered marital property
- Working with trained business valuation professionals to gain an accurate appraisal of any family-owned business interests
- Contemplating options for the couple concerning their marital home
- Closely examining all of the couple’s property in order to separate assets that one of the spouses brought into the marriage
- Determining the amount of spousal support that may be necessary and appropriate
It is common to have disagreements over what should be considered marital property. Ms. Cloutier will perform a thorough review to account for all the assets that belong to a couple and work toward finding a fair resolution to your property division concerns.
An Attorney Protecting Your Financial Future
Fighting for your fair share of assets isn’t a matter of greed. Instead, it is a way to ensure that you have the resources you need after divorce. To learn more about how Ms. Cloutier can help you during a free initial consultation, call the firm in Minneapolis at 612-332-5100 or fill out this online contact form.