Your Personal Legal Advocate
Elizabeth A. Cloutier
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Elizabeth A. Cloutier has been licensed to practice law in Minnesota for almost 24 years, with an emphasis on personal injury law, family law and general civil litigation. She is admitted to practice in Minnesota state and federal courts and in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. She has extensive trial and litigation experience, as well as experience in arbitrations, mediations, settlement negotiations, motion practice, drafting legal documents and representing clients in state and federal appeals.
She was recently voted "Favorite Female Attorney" in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 by Minnesota Women's Press, Inc. readers. She was voted "Favorite Female Family Law Attorney" in 2008 by the readers.
Ms. Cloutier began working as a law clerk and legal assistant, and attorney, in her father's law firm. She and her father worked together over the years to develop a general practice law firm that provides a wide variety of legal services for clients and their families.
During the past 24 years, Ms. Cloutier has been the lead attorney aggressively and successfully representing clients in personal injury matters, such as automobile accidents, work injury, slip and fall, motorcycle/boat accident, animal bite, burn, premises liability, products liability, malpractice, and wrongful death claims. She has represented clients in family law matters, such as divorce, custody/visitation disputes, child support matters, prenuptial agreements, paternity cases and adoptions.
Ms. Cloutier also has extensive experience in discrimination, insurance, corporate, non-profit corporation, business, contract, entertainment and arts, guardianships/conservatorships, wills, trusts, domestic partnership agreements, estate planning and probate law matters, in addition to many other types of cases. Please contact Ms. Cloutier today for a free consultation to discuss your legal needs.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1988
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- B.A. - 1985
- Major: English
- Springboard for the Arts
- Cloutier Law Offices, Attorney, Managing Partner, 2003
- Cloutier & Brandl, Attorney, President, 2008 to 2012
- Cloutier & Musech, Law Clerk, Legal Assistant, Attorney, 1980 to 2003
Fraternities or Sororities
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 1988
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member, 1988
Certified Legal Specialties
Current Employment Position
- Attorney, Managing Partner, 2003
- Family Law
- Minnesota, 1988
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1989
- U.S. Tax Court, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2004
- Voted Favorite Female Attorney by Minnesota Women's Press, Inc., 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013
- Voted Favorite Female Family Law Attorney by Minnesota Women's Press, Inc. readers
- Voted a Top 100 Family Lawyer in the State of Minnesota 2014 by the American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA)