Helping To Modify Existing Orders In Family Law Cases

There are many couples who go through extremely traumatic divorces and find themselves completely emotionally drained by the experience. They are relieved when the process finally comes to an end, and they are able to move forward with their lives. However, there are circumstances where one of the parties may request changes to custody or support orders that have been entered, and it is important that you understand what you need to do to protect yourself at this time.

At Cloutier Law Offices P.A., we have helped many Minnesota men and women deal with the aftermath of divorce. Our lawyer, Elizabeth A. Cloutier, has more than 25 years of experience handling modification issues for our clients. We know how to present a compelling case that helps you achieve results.

To discuss your concerns regarding a post-decree modification, call our office for a free consultation at 612-332-5100. We advise and represent clients in Minneapolis, St. Paul and throughout the Twin Cities metro area.

Assisting With A Host Of Post-Decree Concerns

We make sure that you understand all of your options at this time. Whether you are looking to request or contest a modification, we will be there to offer advice that is specific to your needs. We help with a number of post-decree issues that can arise after an order has been entered, including:

  • Modifications to a child custody order where one of the parents is seeking to change legal or physical custody of the child
  • Requests to change parenting time schedules because the arrangement is having a negative impact on the child
  • Disputes concerning the possible relocation of the child
  • Requests to change the child or spousal support that has been awarded in a case
  • Situations involving allegations of abuse or other factors that relate to a parent's ability to care for the child
  • Contempt cases, where one of the parents is interfering with the other's parenting time

Many of these modification issues end up going to court. It is extremely important that you have someone who understands how to handle these kinds of cases. We have extensive courtroom experience, and we will be strong advocates for your position. You can rely upon us to provide you with compassionate representation throughout the entire process.

Questions About Your Case?

To learn more about the options that are available to you, please contact our experienced modifications attorney by calling our Minneapolis office at 612-332-5100 or by sending us an email.

We represent clients throughout the Twin Cities metro area with their family law concerns.